How to add a printer from printserver
There are various printers around campus and you must ensure that you are connecting to the correct to printer to avoid potential loss of sensitive data.
To add a specific printer follow the steps below:
- Go to start
- Select Run
- Type \\printserver1 in the box that appears.
- Click ok
- The list of all printers on campus will be displayed
- Please note that all printers are name using the departmental code as the prefix, e.g. FMS Xerox Phaser WC 7120 PS
- To select you printer highlight any printer in the list by clicking on the name with the mouse
- Select the first letter of the name of your printer based on the department name. You will be taken to the list of printers that starts with the letter you selected
- Continue to search until you find the printer that you need
- Once the printer is found using the mouse double click on the printer name. A box should appear.
- In the box that appears select printer.
- In the drop down menu select set as default printer.
Once you have set the printer that you added to the default printer you will be able to print to that specific printer
Please note that if the printer is not set as the default printer will not automatically be able to print to the printer added, you may need to select the printer from the drop down list when you attempt to print.